“The quicker we humans learn that saving open space is critical to our welfare and quality of life, maybe we’ll start thinking of doing something about it -. Jim Fowler”
RMS Property and Facilities Management has committed itself to the principles of sustainability in all facets of the commercial landscape. We therefore understand the importance of public open spaces as a common platform to address social, economic, ecological and cultural aspirations of a city.
We currently manage a number of Inner- City CIDS (city improvement districts) as well as a number of Northern Johannesburg CIDS. RMS Property and Facilities Management are members of the Johannesburg CID Forum in their own right.
We have been involved in conjunction with the JDA and other professionals in drafting a precinct Plan for Norwood and a management plan for the Turffontein Corridor of Freedom.
Benefit to property owners of a managed area:
- Improvement in uptake of vacant space
- Improved quality of tenant
- Increased rentals
- Increased property values
Benefit to users (residents/ visitors) of the space:
- Improved environment; cleaner and safer
- More vibrant and user friendly
- More comprehensive representation of property owners and residents giving a collective voice
With a managed area in place the following issues can be addressed:
- Branding/ Place-making
- Relationships with City and its agencies